Sep 12, 2013

do. Good August

The blocks that just went on and on and on are FINALLY finished! I can't even describe how happy I am to move them to the finished pile. They were a test of my patience, but I'm pleased with how they turned out and I think the final quilt is going to look amazing. And I'm even happier that I'm not the one making it! :)
 
Despite testing my patience and not enjoying the process at times as I was working on them, it was still a positive experience. One of the reasons I joined do. Good Stitches (the charitable aspect of it being #1) was to push myself to try new things and this certainly accomplished that goal. If I'd been making these for myself, I'm 99% sure bits and pieces would be sitting in a UFO pile right now.

August do. Good blocks finally done!! #quilting
 
Instead, they're done and I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. They aren't perfect, but I know a lot of the flaws are probably things only I can see. I'd like all the points to line up, which they don't, but some did line up beautifully and I guarantee that wouldn't have happened when I first started quilting.

August do. Good blocks finally done!! #quilting

Next up are the September blocks, which are modern log cabins that should be quick and fun. I've already started laying out the fabrics and I can't wait until I have some time at my sewing machine.

2 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Wow! I think you are the only one who can see the flaws - because from here your blocks look great! What a lot of pieces to cut out... congratulations for getting it all pieced together.
: )

kimmie9503 said...

Sorry!