I didn't get my July do. Good blocks done quite in time, but I was only a few days late. I cranked them out on Sunday and they were quick and fun to make. Before I could get started though, I had to make a trip to the store because I have almost no black/white fabrics in my stash!
Our leader this month made up a block for us which is disappearing 9 patch that's divided down the middle. We used kona white and graphic black/white prints. The only black/white prints I had were the map (which I love) and kitchen appliances which I didn't really want to use for something that's not kitchen themed. That's ok though. I always love an excuse to buy fabric!
The blocks were really quick to make. I think including cutting they took me less than an hour and a half. And they could have gone faster, but I wanted to see how the first one was coming together before I started on the second one. The only thing that had me slightly nervous about making these was that the leader sent me kona to use and I didn't have enough for mistakes. I made sure to be extra careful when I was cutting!
I think the final quilt is going to look great with all the graphic black/white prints!
Next up is my first attempt at flying geeses for August's blocks. Wish me luck!