Sep 19, 2007

Progress

I had no real plans of making jewelry tonight, but I had some time and the urge, so I worked on some new pieces. I'm not sure about the first one. I've strung it up, but I just feel like it's a little boring. I like the colors, I like the beads and I like the pendant, but I feel like something is missing when it all comes together. What do you think of the beginning layout?

Since I wasn't thrilled with that piece, I tried out a ladder ring pattern that I saw on Beading Daily. It was so fun and quick to make! Another sign that bead weaving is what I'm meant to be working on. I can't think of a bead weaving project that I've worked on yet that I haven't enjoyed AND been happy with the results. It's a little hard to see it in the pics, but it's cute. It also features some iridescent seed beads which I love oh so much. For those of you who don't know me, I love anything iridescent.


11 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

I like the ring!

It looks like maybe the string of beads on the necklace could use a little sparkle, too. : )

NikNak said...

OOOOHHH...I like that ring Melanie! It is so weird to see your long fingers...did you know that you had long finders?

Nutsy Coco said...

Yes NikNak, I know I have long fingers :) And some have also called my toes freakishly long :)~

Hmm, some sparkle. Good idea. I think the necklace needs more silver. I have tiny little silver beads but they don't really show up.

Annalisa said...

The ring is so beautiful...I hope you'll made some others rings soon... I like all the things you made!!

For the necklace me too I think it could be nice put a bit more silver.. :)

Ciao from Italy...
Annalisa

Anonymous said...

I think adding some beads to the pendant somehow would help add more visual interest and give the necklace a more unified look. Adding more substantial silver beads to the necklace is a good idea too :-)

Kelli said...

Hi everyone! I clicked on this link off the Beading Daily website. I totally agree, I really like the necklace but it needs more silver. Love the ring too, I'm going to attempt it myself...my 1st project of this kind! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

gypsyladies said...

I think the pendant is too flashy for the beads. They don't look like they go together.

I love your ring. I saw in the magazine, but thought it too difficult for a very beginner beader. Your has inspired me to make one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie, I have just discovered your site from Beading Daily. I love the SS fan shaped clasp you have on the Hand knotted Chrysophrase necklace. May I ask where you sourced such a lovely clasp?
Cheers

Mary said...

I LOOOOVE the ring! I might have to order some for Christmas presents, so get cracking on more!

Nutsy Coco said...

To the anonymous user, I got the clasp at a beading store, Byzantium, in Columbus, OH. I really like it too. It's unique and it was surprisingly inexpensive.

crabindia said...

Beautiful ring and you have a lot of lovely articles on your site.